Friday, October 7, 2011

My Attempt at a Villanelle: Sleepy Pirate


I am a pirate of this sleepy shore.
Plundering dreams of lucid, silver, and gold,
From the nest of the crow, a sudden wakeful moor.

Twisted in aqua waves, wrestled, wage war,
Tossing in the sea of sheets, dreaming so bold,
I am a pirate of this sleepy shore.

Wind through sails, take this hull into a snore,
Scowling at scallywags, dreams of old,
From the nest of the crow, a sudden wakeful moor.

I will fight this day that tears down my door!
It threats to pillage where I wake, take hold!
I am the pirate of this sleepy shore.

Eyes creak open like the salty floorboards,
As the sun rises, light creeps into the stronghold,
From the nest of the crow, a sudden wakeful moor!

I wake to greet this day with the might of Thor,
All ravaging of the day, soon to unfold,
I am a pirate of this sleepy shore,
From the nest of the crow, a sudden wakeful moor!

No comments:

Post a Comment